Other Helpful Information
Helpful phone numbers
|Cape Coral Hospital||636 Del Prado Blvd||239-574-2323|
|Columbia Care||643 Cape Coral Pkwy||239-540-4500|
|SWFL/Fort Myers Airport||11000 Terminal Access Rd, Suite 8671||239-590-4800|
|Main Post Office||1030 SE – 9th Ave||239-772-5515|
|Postmart||2323 Del Prado Blvd||239-772-1888|
|UPS Store||2710 Del Prado Blvd||239-573-0500|
|AAA website – Fort Myers||2516 Colonial Blvd||239-939-6500|
Want to go somewhere but don’t have a car? Why not ride the LeeTran by bus or trolley? There is exclusive Airport Service: LeeTran Bus Route 50 connects the Southwest Florida International Airport to Bell Tower Shops and Tanger Outlet Mall, with transfers to other routes.
The Beach Trolley runs the length of Fort Myers Beach from Bowditch Point Regional Park in the north, past Times Square, to Lovers Key State Park in the south.
The Summerlin Square Park and Ride shuttle runs between Summerlin Square (Summerlin Road and San Carlos Boulevard) on the mainland and Bowditch Point Regional Park at the north end of Fort Myers Beach.
You can visit Ride LeeTran for complete bus routes, schedules, and fare information.
The Cape Coral Daily Breeze is the city’s daily newspaper. It is kept up to date with the most interesting and exciting news around Cape Coral and around the world. You can pick up a paper in many places around town or view it online .
Did you know? …
- South West Florida has toll bridges. Both the Veterans (Colonial) bridge and the Cape Coral bridge charge $1.00 each way. It will be collected on one end of the bridge for a total of $2.00 per car. The causeway to Sanibal Island is $6.00 per car. The other bridges, such as the bridges from downtown Ft. Myers to North Ft. Myers and the I-75, are toll free.
- Cape Coral has a fair amount of biking paths along the roads, so please share the road safely.
- When renting a boat, please do observe any speed limits on the water. The area is heavily patrolled for speed limits as Florida is trying to protect it’s state marine mammal and endangered species, the Manatee.
- One does not need a special license other then a valid driving license to operate a boat. Although, we would advise, if you have no prior experience, to do take the 1 hour instruction commonly offered. It will make your boating experience much more enjoyable.
- Care to visit Pine Island Florida? It is a tropical island paradise on the gulf coast of Florida. Visit their website for more information.
- Cape Coral has over 400 miles of salt and fresh water canals, which is more then any other city in the world, and giving rise to it’s nickname of “A Waterfront Wonderland.”
- U-turns are not only allowed, they are expected. If the sign says NO-U-Turn, don’t as you will go against traffic. Always be sure to watch for pedestrians while making a U-Turn.
- The City of Cape Coral’s animal is the Burrowing Owl, while Florida’s State animal is the endangered Florida Panther.
- The nickname of Fort Myers is the “City of Palms.”
- The Caloosahatchee River divides Cape Coral and Fort Myers. It connects to Lake Okeechobee which gives rise to the ability to boat from one coast to the other.
- The sale of alcohol is prohibited to anyone under the age of 21.
- Trash removal and recycling are picked up once a week.
Local Area Radio Stations
FM 103.9 Rock
FM 101.9 New Country Music
FM 95 Wolz, Oldies
FM 90.9 Christian Radio
FM 107 Country Music
When visiting Cape Coral Escape, you soon realize The Cape is part of the area known as South West Florida (SWFL). It consists of many cities and roadways between those cities are great. To get an idea of the distance between places, please refer to the chart below. For more exact information please confirm with AAA’s Triptik travel Planner .
|Location||Miles||Kilometers||Travel Time (Hr:Min)|
|Sunsplash Water Park||4.5||7.0||0:09|
|Mike Greenwalls Family Fun||7.5||12||0:15|
|Yacht and Racquet Club||6||9||0:15|
|Cape Coral Harbour||9.2||15.0||0:20|
|Edison and Ford Winter Estates||9.0||14.0||0:17|
|Bell Tower Shops||11.0||18.0||0:22|
|Down town Historic District||11.0||18.0||0:22|
|Fort Myers Beach||15||24||0:30|
|Estero Miromar Outlet||20.4||32.8||0:35|
|St. James City||20.3||32.7||0:42|
|SWFL International Airport||20||34||0:34|
|Tampa International Airport||141||227||2:15|
|Miami International Airport||159||256||2:56|
|Orlando International Airport||177||285||3:10|
Here are a list of churches near Cape Coral Escape.
St Andrew Catholic Church
2628 Del Prado Boulevard South, Cape Coral, FL
Fellowship Bible Chapel
1406 SE 46th Ln # 3, Cape Coral, FL
Vineyard Community Church
Faith Presbyterian Church
4544 Coronado Parkway, Cape Coral, FL
First Church of God
2213 Country Club Boulevard, Cape Coral, FL
First Christian Church
2620 Country Club Boulevard, Cape Coral, FL
First Baptist Church
Cape Coral First United Methodist Church